Happy Haarlem is a guide for both tourists and locals in Haarlem. We’d love to show you around on one of our walking tours. Below we wrote down the answers to the frequently asked questions.
When do the walking tours take place?
– Check out the ‘upcoming events’ for the free tours. Private tours can be booked any day of the week.
How can I sign up for the tour?
– Just fill out the booking form and specify the date of the tour. We will get in contact with you as soon as possible.
How much does a free tour cost?
– At a Free Tour, you don’t have to pay anything upfront. At the end of the tour you can give the guide a voluntary donation that suits your budget. You decide for yourself what you thought the tour was worth. Our guides do not get payed in any other way for the Free Tours. They greatly appreciate any voluntary donation.
Can I also do a tour on another day?
– Yes, this is possible. Send us a message and we can see if we can arrange a private tour for you.
Where does the tour start?
– Our tours always start at the main railway station of Haarlem. We meet in the main hall, next to the ticket sales.
Is there also a tour when it rains?
– Rain or shine, our guides are always there for you and will do everything they can to make sure you’re also having a good time in the rain. We have never cancelled a tour because of the weather. Do dress up according to the weather. Especially in the winter it can be cold.
Is the tour always the same?
– Not really. We have ‘standard’ routes, but what you will actually see and hear depends on your guide, the weather, things going on in the city, etcetera. Moreover, our tours are always evolving as we continue to learn new stuff and see the city change!